Microblading Consultation Browbeat Studio Dallas Microblading Experts offers free consultations to all prospective clients. We understand that a microblading appointment can be daunting, especially when it’s your first time. We want to make sure all our clients feel comfortable with their decision. All questions or concerns you might have will be addressed during your consultation.
Table of Contents
Technicians will ask about your lifestyle during your microblading appointment
During your consultation, our specialist will work with you to discuss your goals, lifestyle, shape of your existing brows. It also includes the problem areas you wish to address. Bringing reference photos of your desired brow shape is highly recommended and greatly appreciated. Your specialist will advise and show examples of brow shapes that will work with each client’s face shape and brow type. If you have any questions about which procedure to choose, your specialist can direct you towards the best option for you.
You’re free to ask relevant questions during your microblading appointment
If you have any concerns, we will be happy to address them and help you decide on a treatment plan that will work for you. We highly advise you to do a pre-procedure consultation with us (for free). So that we would know if your skin is ready or suitable for microblading. However, if you feel that you’re ready, go on and do yourself a favor to book an appointment. OR, if you have taken our “Are You A Good Candidate For Microblading” test and scored YES, then don’t hesitate to proceed with the next step!
Before going to your microblading appointment, ensure that you’re qualified
Our microblading specialist will go over all the mentioned above at your appointment! Read the pointers below to find out if you are a good candidate for microblading. SKIN CONDITIONS (FACE ONLY)
- Skin Complications – Skins that are prone to complications with eczema, psoriasis, keratosis pilaris, and dermatitis. This means that chances are your skin is in a constant state of unrest and shedding. This is not suitable for tattooing and therefore won’t hold the pigment well.
- Chronic Conditions – The same goes for conditions like chronic acne and rosacea. The inherent nature of this type of skin causes easy bleeding, which once again means your skin will not retain the color very well and the intended effect of microblading. Additionally, excessively oily skin can cause those tattooed hair strokes to blur together and give off an unwanted solid effect instead of a naturally feathered look.
The inherent nature of these types of the skin causes easy bleeding once aggravated, which once again means your skin will not retain the color and intended effect of microblading.
- State of Skin – If your skin is sensitive, it is likely to be easily aggravated and bleed easily. A good way to know if your skin is sensitive is if turns pink very easily from a little scratch. Because of this, tattooed hair strokes will not lay properly on skin with deep wrinkles, which can make the overall look appear uneven.
- Skin Type – If you have Fitzpatrick Skin type 1, your skin is very likely to be hypersensitive and your skin will not be able to tolerate microblading well. The same applies if you just have generally very thin skin – it will bleed easily and not retain color.
- Sunburn – If you are hoping to get microblading done but have gotten a tan or worse, a sunburn, it’s best to wait until your skin has resumed its normal color and wait until your skin has healed before booking in for a procedure.
- Previous Permanent Makeup – People who have previously had permanent makeup may want to change or fix what they have previously had done. Clients may have to consider laser removal prior to a procedure or ask the artist if they can work with their existing permanent makeup to incorporate the old design and colors into the new one. Always disclose if you’ve had previous permanent makeup so our artists can treat you accordingly.
After your microblading appointment, there goes the initial microblading session
Your entire microblading process should take approximately 2-3 hours.
- Step 1: We take photos of your bare brows
- Step 2: Then we sanitize the brow area with an alcohol pad
- Step 3: Your specialist will then take a photo using a brow symmetry app to measure the brows
- Step 4: Then your desired brow shape will be mapped onto your brows using an eyebrow pencil
- Step 5: You and your specialist will come to an agreement on your new perfect shape!
- Step 6: Photos will be taken and then your brow area will be pre-numbed (you can opt-out of this step)
- Step 7: Wait time for the numbing cream is 30 minutes. At this time, your specialist will go over the Aftercare instructions
- Step 8: The Microblading procedure begins and it will take approximately 1 hour for completion
- Step 9: Done! Your photo will be taken of your new brows and you are out the door!
After your microblading appointment, there goes the touch-up perfecting session
We do not consider your treatment is complete until you receive your touch-up. Therefore, we sincerely advise you to go back for a touch-up session because it is really necessary. The touch-up session is performed after 4-6 weeks from your initial appointment. At this appointment, our microblading specialist will assess how your skin has healed and will perfect your brows accordingly.
Microblading is a semi-permanent procedure. Therefore, it will gradually and naturally fade over time, to varying degrees—this is the nature of Microblading. A touch-up or “Refresher Session” is recommended at least once every year to keep brows looking their best.
Check out our other blogs covering eyebrow microblading information!