Eyebrows are easily one of the most defining features of the face and have become a focal point of recent beauty trends. Whether you prefer yours thick and bold, or arched and precise, it seems that everyone is obsessed with having their “brow game” on point.
Thanks to microblading, we’ve been given a solution that allows us to have the brows we’ve always dreamed of by having them microbladed in a very natural and discreet way.
So, now that microblading has piqued your interest, you’re probably wondering, “Am I a good candidate for microblading?”
The process goes far beyond finding the right artist. It’s just as important to determine whether your skin is fit and ready to be tattooed. From your age, sensitivity to the condition, and quality of your skin, a lot goes into the safety and effectiveness of the microblading process.
As an artist, our goal is always to ensure that you receive the best possible results from your treatment. This is heavily reliant on your skin being healthy, strong, and calm.
So, before you go ahead and book your appointment, read the pointers below to find out if you are a good candidate for microblading.
SKIN CONDITIONS (FACE ONLY)
- Skin Complications – If you have skin that is prone to complications with eczema, psoriasis, keratosis pilaris, and dermatitis, chances are your skin is in a constant state of unrest and shedding and is not suitable for tattooing and therefore won’t hold the pigment well.
- Chronic Conditions – The same goes for conditions like chronic acne and rosacea. The inherent nature of this type of skin causes easy bleeding, which once again means your skin will not retain the color very well and the intended effect of microblading. Additionally, excessively oily skin can cause those tattooed hair strokes to blur together and give off an unwanted solid effect instead of a naturally feathered look.
The inherent nature of these types of the skin causes easy bleeding once aggravated, which once again means your skin will not retain the color and intended effect of microblading. Unfortunately, it means you’re not a good candidate for microblading if you have those conditions.
- State of Skin – If your skin is sensitive, it is likely to be easily aggravated and bleed easily. A good way to know if your skin is sensitive is if turns pink very easily from a little scratch. Because of this, tattooed hair strokes will not lay properly on skin with deep wrinkles, which can make the overall look appear uneven.
- Skin Type – If you have Fitzpatrick Skin type 1, your skin is very likely to be hypersensitive and your skin will not be able to tolerate microblading well. The same applies if you just have generally very thin skin – it will bleed easily and not retain color.
- Sunburn – If you are hoping to get microblading done but have gotten a tan or worse, a sunburn, it’s best to wait until your skin has resumed its normal color and wait until your skin has healed before booking in for a procedure.
- Previous Permanent Makeup – People who have previously had permanent makeup may want to change or fix what they have previously had done. Clients may have to consider laser removal prior to a procedure or ask the artist if they can work with their existing permanent makeup to incorporate the old design and colors into the new one. Always disclose if you’ve had previous permanent makeup so our artists can treat you accordingly.
So, if you’re thinking you’re a good candidate for microblading, it is important to know that the results of your permanent makeup will be based on the health and quality of your skin. Results will vary from person to person, and if you have a pre-existing skin condition or are on medications, you may still be eligible for a procedure but should adjust your expectations based on your situation. Like any procedure, every person is unique and will react differently. If all checks out and your skin is in good physical condition, you can start by booking a free consultation with us.
Visit our Instagram or Facebook page for before & after photos, FAQs, and more!
Are you a good candidate for microblading? Call BrowBeat today on 214 432 3077 to make your Microblading appointment! Book now
Dallas Advanced Microblading Experts
1800 Market Pl Blvd Ste 130
Irving , Texas 75063
Check out our other blogs covering eyebrow microblading information!