Microblading Pre & Post Care
Fifty percent of the outcome of your brows is dependent upon proper before and after care. In order for your new brows to heal properly, these Microblading Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion or chemical peels one week before.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 Weeks Prior.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
- No Botox around the brow area 2 weeks prior.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Do not touch brows or surrounding area for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours keep the brow area clean by using a gentle fragrance-free cleanser and water with freshly washed hands morning and night (2x/day). Do not use a washcloth or sponge and clean area by moving in the direction of the hair growth.
- Allow eyebrows to air dry before applying a thin layer of Primp’s special aftercare serum.
- Apply a very thin layer of the aftercare serum given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q tip. <<Do not apply Vaseline, Petrolium, A & D ointments or Bepanthen to the area as the risk of infection is very high.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, pool (chlorine is irritating), sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid physical effort, gym and any other activity that may cause excessive sweating for at least 5 and up to 14 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO Botox around the brow area for two weeks after.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- After 14 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading. (At least SPF 30, if not 50)
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A close to brow area.
Please note: Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be anywhere from 20-40% darker and bolder in color and 15% thicker. The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. We have prepared a Microblading day-by-day healing for you to properly guide you in your microblading healing journey.
PERMANENT MAKEUP IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANY CLIENTS WHO ARE OR HAVE:
- Nursing (Dr’s note is preferred)
- Previous Permanent Makeup on brow area, unless the density of color is 30% or less
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloids
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past 2 weeks
- Have upcoming vacations or special occasions planned shortly after
- Used Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine) or nickel
- Blood thinner medications
- Sensitive skin that has a tendency to bleed easily
Please Note: We strongly advise prospective new clients to book their Microblading appointments at least 3-4 months in advance of vacations, weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Microblading Appointment as well as a Touch-Up Appointment 6-8 Weeks prior to your event.
Instructions are always important specially because microblading has a sensitive healing process and semi-permanent tattoo application. Be sure to always follow these pre & post care instructions for the best outcome.